|Conquer Your Fear of Social Media|
The only drawback to social media is that there any number of platforms that must be mastered to unlock their full potential; therefore, determining which SM platform(s) are best for your product/service/company is important.
THE SM Must Platforms:
- Google owns search. So everyone must deal with it. A blog on Google is an imperative for any company, no matter size. Getting a company's name and logo in as many items, posts, articles, etc. improves its Google search position. Post at least 4x per week or more and keep posting.
- Facebook - Post photos, post videos, post links, post daily. Very good ad platform.
- LinkedIn - The B2B platform. Great for networking. Post videos. Post 3x per week.
- Tweeter - Great for photos, links, and now videos. Post 3-5x per day.
- YouTube - All video, but more importantly linked to Google.
- Instagram - The mobile SM site. Used mainly by teens.
- Pinterest - Images and links. Post 5x per week.
- Snapchat - A lesser player. Not great for businesses.
What's Each SM is Best At:
Networking: Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Tweeter
Photo Sharing: Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Tweeter
Recorded Video: Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Tweeter
Live Video: Facebook, YouTube, Instagram
Best Times To Post:
Facebook: Thursday & Friday 1-3pm (Friday BEST). Use Fanpage Karma to track optimal times.
LinkedIN: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 9am-5pm (BEST Tuesday 10-11am )
Tweeter: B2B Weekdays 12pm-6pm. B2C Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday 12pm-6pm
Instagram: Monday BEST during off-work hours.
Google+: BEST late morning 9-11am Mon.-Thur.
There you have it. Good luck and keep those posts coming.
Jim Lavorato for FUND - HOUSE