So, getting the Pitch right is requisite. Here are the steps you need to make your Pitch successful:
- Choose your words very, very carefully.
- Know your 'Pitch To' client. Who are your pitching to and what are their needs.
- Pitch to the right people. Are you pitching to a decision-maker.
- Craft a Call-to-Action. Direct the pitch to an end goal by, ie setting up a follow-up meeting.
- Be Unique. Stay professional but stir-up curiosity and interest.
- Be Personable. Stodgy, begging, hungry is not the way to portray yourself/business.
- Be Informal and Personal. Perhaps share something about your life/business.
- Have a Central Idea. Be concise. Have a central point and repeat it throughout the Pitch.
- Avoid Metaphors in describing your business, it will only degrade you and your idea.
- Don't Be a Wise-ass. It's not about you. If possible, Pitch a team approach.
- Define the Target Audience. 'What's in it for them'. Check out their social sites prior to Pitch.
- Rehearse Often. A Pitch should never sound like it is scripted.
- want more, for the entire list email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fund-House Hint: All great Pitches start with a Question!